Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Slow Day

Bread blogged an equation for this snail back in July. The West African Astro Snail is supposedly larger than any other on the Planet. You wouldn't know it to look at him but he can go really fast! At least faster than other, less developed gastropods. I propose everyone find their own snail for "Snail Derby I" to be held in my yard in mid to late September. If you can't find one I may be able to provide you with a smaller version of this one, though Sandy has taken to evicting the offending slimers who have been munching on garden foliage.

4 comments:

Kevlar said...

Will you be serving beverages? Can we do this on a weekend? I think it would be fair to draw for snails. Beating the monsters at your house with the home track advantage is too tough. where (snicker) did you get the astros beer coaster? Perhaps it could be held at 8 drunken fairies on a wednesday after sundown.

Red A said...

Rye,

Make sure to keep Frenchie away from your house or your snails will keep disappearing.

Chaon said...

Eight Drunken IMMORTALS! Or Celestials.

Rye said...

I'm open to suggestions of course, but it seems as if Karl is trying to lawyer-talk his way into using Astro Snail. The coaster was abandoned by its previous owner. I guess he dosen't care about his team that much.