Friday, August 05, 2005

I brought back some jalepeno seeds from a farmer's market in Lubbock. About 2 fingers of a baggie. What is that? A lid? Half a lid? Canadianers, help me out with the lingo. I'm willing to give some to anyone who thinks their thumb is green enough to get results. The only catch is that I get a cut of the product if the ones I plant don't turn out - highly likely. Think about fresh jalepenos. No more pickled, vinegary, mushy canned ones. Jalepeno poppers. Fried, baked, raw, their all good. Note: Blogger spell check for Canadianers is Condemners.


Someone mentioned over a beer that you can get Big XII football games online. Where? On a similar note, would anyone be interested in playing EA Sports NCAA '06 College Football with me if I should get it? Texas Tech wound up ninth in the final poll and their QB won the Heisman in EA's simulated season. UT was nowhere to be seen. Ha, ha, Bread.

Poker tonight? Ever again?

9 comments:

Chaon said...

Poker tonight at AJ's house. 9:00. Call me or AJ to confirm if you can make it.

J-hole said...

Don't like phones. I'll be there.

Kevlar said...

I need the seed. Gotta get the in-laws working for me. Their daddy has a green thumb and lots of the brown stuff. So something will work out. By the way, Where did you hide the seeds to get thru customs?

Anonymous said...

kevlar, do you really want to know the answer to that question??

Bread said...

congrats john, you guys did well in the 'simulated' season. and i'll take vince young over any offensive player on the panty raiders...

J-hole said...

Fox Southwest's poll of the best QB in the Big 12 had Vince Young coming in third after the Aggie QB and whoever is chosen to start at Tech number 1. Make the bet. I can wait until summer to collect.

Bread said...

john, fox sports must be as fucked up as fox news. young is picked first team all conference by the ap, espn, the big twelve media, the big twelve coaches and a host of magazines. ut will finish higher than t-tech,and i will happily bet you two thousand.

Big Ell said...

John:

I ran into Jim tonight and he convinced me to start looking around the web for some NCAA Football. I thought the Big 12 was on yahoo but they only have inteview shows at the moment. Then I went to College Sports. They ran the NCAA B-Ball and say they will have football. I am not sure of the Divisions or how they run the games but the B-Ball was decent and fairly inexpensive.

I will play you in NCAA football anytime, but do I have to play shitty Big 12 teams? Or can I kick your ass with Pac 10 teams. Does Gonzaga have a team?

Bread said...

last year espn had twenty ncaa games a week for about a hundred dollars. usually about three games per conference each weekend...