Thursday, August 25, 2005

Extra Innings

I missed the briefing Wednesday at HQ as I was in Taipei. I expect the minutes on my desk by the crack of two Friday.

I'd like to say that 2 weeks ago I was on time. As were others. Even Red A came by HQ! That's the only time he's ever pulled himself away from the family, the beer, the war games and what not to stop by. Other than Bread's send off of course! Who could forget that! And a joint good call by Bread---does anyone else miss him already?--- and Dean-o to not move Festivities to another bar around midnight. It would have broken the cohesion of the evening for sure.
Anyway, so Aaron shows up on a scooter! Couldn't believe it. Coincidentally, that night I happened to be passing out Bread Socks for the first time and when I offered him a pair he replied an enthusiastic "YESSS! That's why I'm here Dude!" Wow. I never imagined such a response.
For the record, both Kevlar and Big Chris took BSocks among other things. Jimbo and D-Wayne declined. Politely. Sort of. Since then J-Hole, Bo Bissett(say this name fast---always) among many others (they know who they are ) have taken some. Jimbo and D-Wayne declined once again. "Got my own. Thanks." Bo Bissett, to his credit, took Bread's gym shorts which, I gotta say, didn't think would go at all.
So I didn't think John was coming at all! And he started this Humpday Nonsense! So it was 8 and we were hungry and wanted to play computer baseball at the same time, which is a really wierd combination. So we did. John & Co. showed up right after we left according to Jimbo. Sorry we missed yall. I made KD---Mac & Cheese-- if you're not from Canada. Aaron and Kevin then embarked on what was to become a marathon game to break all records. They drank and cursed their way through 19 innings of joy and frustration until Aaron's homer in the top of the 19th put him up for good to take it 3-2.

Here are some excerpts---

A: God! I'm swinging at everything 'cause you're throwing shit!

K: Whatever.

A: You tried to hit me, f***er!

K: I tried to get you to go fishing, and you did!

A: You're really lucky. That's annoying. Your
luck's annoying dude.

K: Crap!

A: That's just crazy shit dude!

R: How's it going?

K: Well, apparently Aaron hasn't figured out how to steal bases yet.

A: I play with 9 year olds dude.

K: Oh!! F*** you!!

A: OOOH! That was good!

K: Oh! What the...

A: Patience Kevin...OOH! I rock!!!!

R: Ooooo...

K: Whatever happened to the Ultimate Wrestler?

A: ???? Didn't he come back to life?

K: One of the mysteries of childhood I guess....








1 comment:

Kevlar said...

MLB is fun even for commies. Lancey once offered to play madden NFL with me. Then he mentioned that he has been playing since university. I had to politely decline playing , as his neighbors would have learned some new and colorful expressions. Do you think it my thoughtful language that stops my wife from playing X-box with me?