Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Bread News

Bread has been gone for 10 days now. I feel an odd void in my life, like a mosquito bite that doesn't itch anymore. Because he was staying at my house near the End-Days I came to really understand the ways and means of the Bread Machine. This rare glimpse leaves one with a lasting Bread Shadow that lingers long after the departure of the Loaf. Only Kevlar knows what I'm talking about. We were discussing it last night over Kirins and agreed that mostly we're just glad he's gone. That being said the news on the wire is that BM is loading up his car in Houston for his journey to Montana. That's great because he'll probably be on the road for the opening bids on his cell phone memory, which has surprisingly garnered more interest than the 17 pair of socks collection left at my place during the Packing Ritual. John and Frenchy have dibs on Blue....to be fairly distributed to the first 17 drinkers at the seafood place tonight after work. see yall there...

5 comments:

Chaon said...

I don't get it. Who/what is 'Blue'?

Rye said...

Blue socks. Seriously, I have Bread-scented socks to give away. John & Frenchy want Blue Ones.

Kevlar said...

I only want the phone because I like the baseball housing. I don't need the lists of mysterious numbers. my bid 450.

Red A said...

Got the socks. They are awesome.

Of course, the wife wasn't thrilled when I slapped the dirty pair of trophy socks on the table, but what the hell.

I got Bread socks, man!

Kevlar said...

I got his SOGO special sunglasses.