Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Pijiu Is My Poison


I was in Taidong on the weekend. Needless to say it was an excellent trip. We ventured out into the great unknown parts of a little city called ShiShang. Beautiful mountains, great little farming community. As I was about to get back in the car, I noticed KinKong beer in the window of a small supermarket. KinKong "Dark" beer. Hmmm.....beer...... I immediately thought. I went in, not only did they have this selection, but a bottle of Taiwan beer I haven't seen before, and some Ching Dao. After quickly having a look at the rusted caps on top of the bottles, and the expiry date of June, 1997 I decided that although I needed a quick fix, this wasn't the beer for me. Interesting though. All three of these beers are from 1997, if anyone is interested, I'll pick you up a six pack.

No comments: