Saturday, February 03, 2007

R.I.P.

How can Molly Ivins have died and I missed it? Way too much time in the Law Library this week. A brief tribute and some quotes from the lady herself. One thing's for sure: When God screws up, Molly will be there to give her hell...

By the way Ponce, you dedicated column space to the death of Reagan a couple of years ago but neglected poor Molly entirely. Populism is truly dead over at Chaon I see. Old age does breed complacency I know, but honestly man, how does Mr. Nominator of Antonio Scalia, sender of missiles to Iran, cut government support of students get press time, but Molly, defender of every downtrodden S.O.B. in the world, get nothing?

5 comments:

J-hole said...

Who re-arranged the banner? Why? Can you put it back, cause I can't

J-hole said...

Nevermind - got it.

Red A said...

Who is Molly Ivins?

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall."

Can't beat that kind of a quote, can you?

Red A said...

Heh, but her joke about the Texas legistlators is damn good. That by itself was worth reading the link.

Chaon said...

Sorry Bread, I was never a big fan of Ivins. Didn't hate her like I did Reagan, just felt that her writing was too much Milli and not enough Vanilli.