Friday, February 09, 2007

NFL.com(mie)

Are you like me? Love football, live in Asia and have a chance to see the NFL for the first time in your life? Well, it is only a pre-season game, but it's in China! Whoopee! The China Bowl is coming to town - not yours or mine - but a big, dirty one with a baker's-buttload of people, Beijing. True, the star athletes will most likely be hermetically sealed on the sidelines fighting-off jet lag and civet-kabobs, but still, the NFL!

Want to go with me? I'd like to go with me also, but it was pretty dang hard to find any info about tickets, so I went to NFL.com. Picture nothing. That is what you will find when looking for (not searching, because the site does not allow it) any thing about the game.

Okay, best to contact them directly and let them know of their omission. Surely they want people (those who know that this football is the one where players really hurt each other and fans only attack hot dogs and beer - Oops again. Forgot about Philly) in the stands. I shall hail them using the Comments frequency. Whoops! No-can-do. You can only contact them about the web site itself for tech help. Google me this. What's computer geekese for utter suckage of a web site?

Well, at least I have a fallback option. Taichung's American Chamber of Commerce. Surely they will take heed of my email suggesting that they organize a travel package for us Taiwaners. While I await their reply I will be taking other offers from scalpers and/or snakeheads.

3 comments:

Red A said...

I have asked the wife for permission...I know it won't happen, but dare to dream.

Chaon said...

I don't think ticket information is available yet:

http://ticketone.com.cn/english/web/OnLine.jsp

I'll go with you if I can.

Red A, tell your wife you'll need to attend the huge office furniture show that takes place in Beijing the same dates as the game. It's called the Asian Lectern Industry Buyer's International.

Anonymous said...

I will talk to my future Boss from China today and relay help messages to folk on the ground. Will also phone Bill from AMCHEM today.
I will posibly be resident within the next 3months so will undertake to get this going.