Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Panda-Hugger

J-Hole turned me on to the Yahoo Bi-Lingual dictionary (does bi-lingual mean you hired two hookers instead of one?)

For some reason, they had the word Panda-Hugger in their example section:

panda-hugger顯示/隱藏例句

n. (名詞 noun)

1.
熊貓擁抱者 (這個貶義成分居多的詞係由tree-hugger衍生而來, 指那些認為中國不會對美國構成軍事威脅的分析家或學者)

This seems like a very useful term, but I could not quite understand the Chinese. I am sure one of our Nihowdlings could help me out. Feel free to update the post instead of in the comments.

2 comments:

Chaon said...

Analysts who figure that China is not a military threat to the U.S.

J-hole said...

I don't quite get their definition because they say it's a pejorative derived from tree-hugger and their definition for tree-hugger is exclusively the environmental one we know.