Saturday, April 22, 2006

.22 live in San Yi


Watch the video

This is my earliest video of the Taichung based trio .22. Filmed in the spring of 2003, way up the mountains of Miaoli county. Sandy and 69 Across also played this show as well as others. We've since seen and recorded .22 several times over the last few years, much to our delight. They have been and remain our favorite Taiwan band amid a wealth of musical talent here on the island. This early performance features left to right, Steve Taylor on bass, Pete Holmes on drums and Wade Davis on the little guitar. Wade would later move to regular sized electric guitar so this song really captures the flavour of early live .22. The song they are performing is called "Poisoned" and is reputedly about Steve's childhood. The song is a true crowd favorite. Just last week at Spring Scream Dog, I heard the lead singer of the Deported shouting his request for this tune.

This video was posted about a week ago on blip and the vlogond and got so many hits that I thought I'd get it on to Ni Howdy.

Full disclosure: I am very happy. I just got back from FUBAR where I ate chili and saw live music. Celebrated AJ's tomorrow wedding party. AJ was there. So was Dean-O and Jim Bo, Tall Karl, Pimp and Steve Taylor. We had scotch. I saw J-Hole and drank with Kevlar. Talked to English Brett about kids. Sold 2 hats! Oh, had a grand time...

"...mama used to trick us she used to put wheat germ under the cereal..."

.22 rocks!!!! Congratulations AJ!!!!

See yall at the hitchin' tomorrow!

1 comment:

Sunrise said...

AWESOME! to the BOSSUm!