Sunday, May 07, 2006

The world of baseball....How it changes!


I have to admit. A few years ago when Toronto changed their logo I was pretty upset. I really liked the retro jersey's of old.
The shirt on the left being the new logo.
The jersey on the right (worn by a hero) the old logo. I loved the logo. I loved the maple leaf. I loved the world series patch on the arm. Everything about the old jersey I loved. I used to be pretty bitter about it. If you see me out and about and we chat about baseball. I'll probably bring up the topic. I've had the conversation hundreds of times and most people I've chatted with felt the same way. I don't really know how it happened but it happened. I was pretty disappointed about going to Toronto to watch a game and only having the option of buying the new style of jersey or the new style of hat. The logo just doesn't work for me.





But my friends. All of that has changed. I'm not bitter anymore. Why you ask? Because of this jersey.

Is this for real? In Texas?

I was watching the Yankees - Rangers on Saturday morning and I couldn't believe my eyes. Does that shirt really read "Les Rangers?" I don't speak any Spanish, but I do speak and read French. Is this jersey not written in French?

Perhaps some of my Texan friends can explain it.

Thank you Texas, for ridding me of my anger.

I hope for the love of the game, this is a temporary logo. Maybe for some special "America forgives France" event I'm not aware of.

On a scale of one to cheesy, this takes the cake. Thank god I'm not a Rangers fan!

Which brings an interesting question to mind.
In all of sports, which is the best jersey or logo of all time?
Which is the worst jersey of all time?
I would have to go with the Eagles for the best.
I also think the traditional pin stripes in New York suits the team well. Although I'm not a big Leafs fan I like the jersey and the Jays logo of old is sweet as well.
I'll go with the Canucks jersey of the 80's for the worst followed closely by the France Rangers. The Raptors is pretty ridiculous for Toronto as well.

Je comprens que les Rangers est une equipe avec beaucoup de difficulte.

8 comments:

J-hole said...

That would be "Los Rangers", it's Spanish and was worn for Cinco de Mayo.

J-hole said...

Oops, forgot the rest. They will autograph their jerseys and raffle them off (tickets $5) with all proceeds going to DFW non-profit orginizations.

P.I.M.P said...

If that says "Los" they need to work on their penmanship in Texas.

Red A said...

It's bunching up a bit in the photo.

and it wouldn't be Les Rangers in French because they'd have to franconize the word Ranger into something like "Rangeurs" or something.

Bread said...

as far as the best jersey, it's no contest. rainbows, baby, rainbows!!!

Rye said...

montreal canadiens old road jerseys!

is that your capture of Los Rangers' Kevin Mench flinging his bat at that exact moment in time? is it just me? or is that...

Rye said...

thanks to the baseball gods for ending that ridiculous run of powder blue road uniforms in the 70s-80s. worn by jays, expos, royals, braves, twins, brewers cards etc....

Anonymous said...

Tejas is Mexico!! OLE!