Sunday, September 25, 2005

Steak, Beer and Football


Saturday shopping in Taichung yielded a couple of frozen U.S. Angus New York strips at $800NT for a kilo. Bo and I happened into a mom-and-pop in search of an frosty, adult beverage when we saw what we thought was definitely the find-of-the-week: Beer Green Tea. We thought, Beer and green tea? Gotta try it. Our glee was short-lived after returning home and reading the can more carefully. 0.5%. Good for shandy-sipping Oregonians and Commander Cardy, but we quickly purged the remnants and moved on to some stronger rice water.

Announcement. The GangMen Dui, Fantasy football's most talked-about, hottest team and dawggonit, the best thing to ever hit fantasy sports since nutballs have been boring the rest of the planet with stats talk since its inception, pummeled last year's champs, Strongbows Cider ( not link worthy). The near doubling of his score has moved the very tight GangMen Dui into a share of the lead and second in overall scoring. Expect more of the same as this week I go up against Bo and Jerry, who despite being third from last in points, think they need to only play 10 men to beat me.

Oh, yeah. I have changed my email settings in the profile to reflect the only email I now use. So Frenchie and D-Wayne, stop your carping about me never answering emails.

No comments: