Friday, September 23, 2005

In Texas

I am still taking photos using 7 megapixels and haven't bothered to re-size my photos. I use up my Flickr allotted space with 2-3 photos. Guess that's why I have only 30 something and Kevlar has 90 something (all of which have appeared on the blog, I think). Anyhoo, that's why it's taken me, uh...,cipher a sec...uh...2 months to get up a group of photos from my trip back home. Click here for the set. I'll put links here cause I'm unable to do it at Flickr.

Hurricane Rita is approaching Texas and Louisiana. My brother, his wife, my niece and nephew live in Kingwood, which is about 23 miles from downtown Houston and 55 miles from the ocean. If past hurricanes are any indicator, Kingwood will not flood as badly as Houston but will suffer more from fallen trees, it being in a forest. I've had conflicting reports from my family about their status but I think due to the huge crush of traffic and shortage of gas, they will be staying. I would ask that any smart-ass that thinks it would be a good time to show off their wit and try to score any political points by commenting on the traffic, gas, preparedness...not. I have about 10 other family members relocating in other parts of Texas as I write. Bread's father is also in Houston and I do not know his status. I had about the same number of family in Mississippi who suffered severe damage from Katrina. If you would like to discuss it later, catch me at my waterin' hole. In the meantime, my family and I pray for all. Hope you can do the same.

3 comments:

Red A said...

Funny, no one else had already taken the J-Hole name on Flickr.

Anonymous said...

Hope all is well with your family ij and Brett. Ij where is PJ's Playlist part II?? , anxiously awaiting. Frenchie

Bread said...

family has temporarily relocated north. my father is actually here and cannot get a flight back....updates to follow, but it looks like houston will be spared the worst of it...