Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Now I remember

There I was, walking up a mountain in the Welcome Creek Wilderness. As the walk became steeper, my breathing became more labored. As my breathing became more labored, the more inclined I was to take a rest. The more inclined I was to take a rest, the more I pushed myself, disgusted with my own level of conditioning. The more I pushed myself, the more labored my breathing became. The circle was feeding itself. And then, something happened. My lungs opened. It is nice to remember how good a deep breath of fresh air feels. Incentive enough to stay off the butts for another week, though I must confess they are presenting quite a challenge to my fortitude.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carry on Brettski fight the urges stay tangled in the nicatene web no longer. Hope all is well send me your email address would you . gregloveslance@yahoo.com

Frenchie

Anonymous said...

Hang in there buddy. After a 4 day bender (which turned into 5 due to Typhoon making us unable to land in TPE) in HK with my US buddy working for Disney I truly felt like death. He's a huge zoot fan and keeping up with him was truly a challange. Being a beer or cocktail was never far from my fingers smoking that much was not difficult. Since last Thursday I've stayed away from both vices. Beer will soon return to my diet but I will try my darndest to keep off the zoots. At least you get to breath clean mountain air while you try to stay clean. I've got to follow the toxic clouds of scooter dust all day. Peace Bro

Chaon said...

I'm confused by the terms "deep breath" and "fresh air". What are you talking about?