Saturday, August 11, 2007

Taiwan Trends

The new lame trend in Taiwan is to have your car sport a faux European license plate under your Taiwan license place. It started a few months ago with French cars only, but now I saw a Japanese car with one.

What probably started out as a smart marketing ploy to remind people that Renault is a European car ends up with 20% of new cars now having these fake plates. Like I really believe 20% of Taiwanese people driving are either diplomats or super-rich executives who can afford to ship the Matiz they drove in Italy back to Taiwan.

I'd have a photo up, but my camera died. If anyone can help out, edit the post to include one.

Of course, Crocs are now hitting Taiwan, too, so I have a double reason to be pissed.

Bonus Post:

My two-year old knows more about Windows than me. In under 20 seconds at the keyboard she activated Windows Narrator, "a text–to–speech utility for people who are blind or have low vision" that reads out your Windows in a circa 1990 robotic voice. COOL.

No comments: