Friday, August 17, 2007

Free! With Purchase of Holy Handgrenade

The Holy Handkerchief. At least that is the only translation I can find for Taiwan's Central Weather Bureau's Chinese name for Typhoon Sepat (國際命名:SEPAT,中文譯名:聖帕) which is set to strike Taiwan on Saturday.

下一項
The International Baseball Federation (IBAF) cancelled the 13th World Junior Championship yesterday in Venezuela. The IBAF responded to Taiwan's complaint that Venezuela would not issue visas for the team, and lo and behold, they cancelled the tournament and told all teams to return home. They are even, gasp, considering sanctions and punishment for Venezuela.

There you go, Red A. That's my Ghost Month story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IF THAT HANDGRENADE IS TRULY HOLY IT'LL LAND ON ESQUIRE WILLY'S COMPUTER.

WHY NOT JUST PASTE THE ENTIRE WEBSITE AND BE DONE WITH IT?

Anonymous said...

Ghost month story: I'm not allowed to use a handsaw. It is ok for me to fix eight cabinent doors, because I'm not hammering, just screwing. Sawing is considered unlucky.
After an afternoon of water play at the Ilan childrens folkart festival. I asked the innkeeper to spin dry our swimsuits and hang them to dry outside. She did it, but turned on the porch lights. I thought "GREAT", till the wife made me go down stairs at 11pm to take the damp clothes inside. Apparently her mother in Maioli won't let her hang a swimsuit in Illan.