Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy Ghost Month - 鬼月快樂

The gates of hell have officially opened so I guess those 300 Spartans are now free to come out and drink some asparagus juice and eat some instant noodles courtesy of my company.

In the comments let's hear everyone's Ghost Month tales, for example, Tom from Changhua claimed that one Ghost Month he wore a sheet and ran around snagging cases of beer from the prayer tables. He felt it was his since he is a 洋鬼子 = foreign devil. Has anybody got caught with clothes hanging out at night? Anyone get their Chinese friend to whistle past the graveyard?

(BTW, I once had an old lady call me
洋鬼子 and I was almost proud. I mean, how many old mainlander ladies wander around cursing whitey for no reason. Alas, now that the old mainlanders are going, going, gone we are left only with Ah-Do-Gao, Huanah, Angmogao and such.)

1 comment:

J-hole said...

Actually, Tom did that regularly, and not just from tables but from houses and mom and pop stores. He was always drunk and just thought it was ghost month.