Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Playoff Predictions


Here are my fearless predictions for the NFL playoffs.
First up, AFC. Wildcard game Saturday has KC Chiefs (9-7) at Indy (12-4) . KC has Larry Johnson and Indy's run defense is terrible, but Indy has too much firepower to be stopped by KC. Final score Indy 34, KC 27.
The other AFC wildcard game is NY Jets (10-4) at New England (12-4). New England just too good and too experienced to lose this one.
New England 31, Jets 21

NFC wildcard game #1 Dallas (9-7) at Seattle (9-7). 2 teams that have been inconsistent all season. Teams have figured out Romo and he isn't quite so golden. See if T. O. can close his mouth long enough to hang on to the ball. Seattle struggled to the playoffs and need big games from Alexander and Hasselback. Give the edge to the Seahawks at home.
Seattle 31 Dallas 28

And the big game of wild card weekend. NY football GIANTS (8-8) at Philly (10-6). Philly is hot, having won 5 in a row, and the Giants stumbled along the second half of the season, after a 6-2 start. Hard to count out a team with Tiki Barber playing so well. This is where we see what kind of quarterback Eli Manning is. New York will have to have the game of the season to upset the Eagles. Philly will try to stuff the running game, so everything is squarely on Eli's shoulders. Smart money is on the Eagles, but if there is one thing I have never been accused of, it's being smart. I think the Giants have nothing to lose and will play like it.
Giants 28 Eagles 24

Rest of the playoffs look like this
AFC
San Diego over New England, Baltimore over Indy, with San Diego winning AFC Championship
NFC
Chicago over Giants, New Orleans over Seattle. New Orleans is NFC winner.

Super Bowl - San Diego 38 New Orleans 21

*I don't stand by any of the preceding comments. Predictions subject to change, according to my mood and mental state.

I love the match-ups for wild card games. Makes it fun for the football fans at FuBar. Should be lots of jibes, comments and left jabs.
Will show Dallas/Seattle game Sunday at 3pm, followed by KC/Indy and Monday will have Giants/Philly at 6 with Jets/Pats after.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are stupid. Do you really own your own business?

Red A said...

New Orleans beats Chicago?

What are you smoking?

Anonymous said...

So what do you say Red A? Who's it gonna be? And what about the rest of the contributors...J-hole,PIMP,Canadianers & Bread. It's a community blog so take a stab...Why not? Dwayne will buy the winner 12 free beers and a bottle of Jamisons..or not.

I like Baltimore vs Da Bears with the Ravens prevailing.

Anonymous said...

S.I.'s Dr. Z is taking the Eagles and 7 points. Picking New Orleans the bears is ballsy, but not out of the question.

But Baltimore over Indy? I'll take Indy at a beer per bettor, and I don't even like the Colts.

Anonymous said...

The whole NFC is a mystery and I only took the Bears because of the home field. Dallas probably has the best team if they can get their act together but I'd rather eat a bowl of glass shards than pick the cowboys.

I can't see the Eagles winning 8 straight to get there or San Diego 12 straight either. Indy is good but until they actually get there, I'm picking against them.

Baltimore over da Bears and I don't even like the Ravens.

J-hole said...

The Cowboys over the Seahawks, the Eagles will beat the Giants and then the Philly fans will stone the Eagles because its January. The Saints will win.

Something will happen in the AFC but no one cares.

I'll take that beer, Karl.

Red A said...

Okay,

I just watched the Chicago/ Green Bay game last night, so I can see why everyone is discounting the Bears so much. That Grossman guy is back in his 0 rating slump mode and their defense didn't look too pretty either.

Of course it was one of those meaningless games for the team as a whole. But even Brian Griese played bad, and he needed to play good for his job prospects.

You know, I did not see the Saints play all year, so perhaps they are awesome with Reggie Bush and all.

Picks:

Eagles Beat Giants
Seahawks tie Cowboys (I cannot figure out which team is more likely to implode.) Ah, hell, 'Hawks win.
Indy beats KC
New England beat Jets

I will figure out the rest after this week-end.

P.I.M.P said...

Put my money where my mouth is ....? Ok, not the I'm Hubris in anyway, but I'll take the Eagles over the Giants. I like Dallas over Seattle as well.
New England will destroy the Jets and Indy will walk all over the Chiefs.

In round two I like more of the same......Eagles over the Ain'ts .
Dallas over Da Bears.

New England over the Bolts and Indy over Baltimore.

DOes this sound familair.
Victory will be twice as sweet as I sit with IJ and watch his boys go down on the Eagles for a third time this year!

New England will do what they do best against Indy

Eagles 27 NE 24 in a great rematch.

Go Birds!
I don't really care about the AFC, but The bolts or the Ravens might slide by in one of my predictions.

Anonymous said...

the commanders picks
seattle, jets, giants, indy
love the seahawks.
the jets are fast.
giants cuz of my mate
indy, cuz they are equally as fast.
yes, beer is a factor

Bread said...

where are the titans??? but seriouisly, ill take the chargers over some useless fodder from the nfc. doesnt really matter whom, so ill take the eagles for frenchie and pimp and pjs sake...

Bread said...

where are the titans??? but seriouisly, ill take the chargers over some useless fodder from the nfc. doesnt really matter whom, so ill take the eagles for frenchie and pimp and pjs sake...

Bread said...

where are the titans??? but seriouisly, ill take the chargers over some useless fodder from the nfc. doesnt really matter whom, so ill take the eagles for frenchie and pimp and pjs sake...