Sunday, December 31, 2006

Guns Are Up!

CB Antonio Huffman and Coach Mike Leach

TEXAS TECH 44 - MINNESOTA 41 - That is right, all you sayers of 'nay." The Red Raiders beat the Golden Gophers in the Insight Bowl. We in Taichung were fortunate enough to watch it at FuBar off of D-Wayne's Slingbox. I supplied Tech shirts for any who would support the Raiders, and most of the throng did so. Much of the game was spent in despair warding off the jibes from my friends - some of which I suspect knew the outcome or else they were just being assholes - and attacks from the Commander whenever he awoke from his shandy stupor. Big John even lent a hand by taking off his jeans at the bar, turning them inside-out and wearing them. His rally jeans brought us a quick score. Mr. Bean also pitched in by donning a shirt after two or three refusals to do so. Another quick score ensued after he saw the sartorial light and wore the red and black. For my part, my Tech sweatshirt, socks, belt and boxers sustained us through the agonizing first two-thirds of the game until we reached rally position. Click here to read about the game which saw the biggest comeback in Div I-A bowl games. Granted that Coach Leach said he never wanted to be in that position to begin with, but coming back from 31 points midway through the 3rd quarter, tying the game on a last second 52-yard field goal and winning in overtime makes for some good entertainment. Again, thanks to D-Wayne for going to the trouble to find and show the game for us.

Pre-game
Standing: Bo, myself, D-Wayne
Comatose: the Commander

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got free beer for that pose

Anonymous said...

Sorry I left early. Congrats on the victory John.........Did Bo make his flight ?

Bread said...

john, what are you doing to jerry in the phot???

Anonymous said...

Bo did not make flight

Red A said...

Bread,

I have watched Hawaii two years in a row now and the run and shoot offense looks soooo good...but why doesn't it work better?

I know you're a college ball maven, so let me know why.