Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm Comin'

Karl has a small diatribe against Lance and Paul and their knowledge (or lack there of) regarding the longest river in North America. Certainly the MacKenzie is longer than the Mississippi, but the Missouri-Mississippi system is far superior. But why is it superior? Its length? Its waters? No, my friends, it's superior because of that section where it begins in Yellowstone. Like any intelligent thing would do, it gets the hell out of Wyoming ASAP, bypassing Jackson Hole entirely, and heads straight up the belly of Western Montana. And that's what Karl's post reminds me of, that part of the Gallatin River (tributary to the Missouri, which forms at Three Forks) where I spent a long week being outwitted by Gallatin rainbows. Fear not little fishies, I will be back, sooner than you think.

1 comment:

Chaon said...

Not my diatribe, Dan Ritco's. I don't give a damn about river lengths. The only geographical issue I would foist upon others is an admission that Florida is 'the most fucked up state', and that is pretty much incontestable.