Sunday, April 17, 2005

Confirmation Clarification

Last night I happened by Salut for an evening of music, pizza and lesbians. This in and of itself is nothing spectacular, certainly not blogworthy. However, I ran into BigEll and we were having a little chat with Dean and Frenchie when Frenchie congratulated him on his recent confirmation (as detailed in this blog around Easter time). The exact exchange went something like this.

Frenchie: I just want to congratulate you on your big news.
Elliot (expectant father): Thanks man, we're looking forward to it.
Frenchie: I'm not really a religious guy, but whatever floats your boat
Elliot (stoned?): It should be fun
Brett: Frenchie, this isn't the Elliot that got confirmed
Frenchie: Really?
Dean: I thought you got confirmed
Elliot (finally clueing in): No man, that wasn't me, that was some other guy
Brett: That was skinny Elliot
Elliot (laughing): I got confirmed when I was eight
Frenchie: So you are a Catholic. I knew it.
Dean: Who becomes Catholic in this day and age?
Ellio (confused again): I didn't convert!
Frenchie: I went to your website, why do you have a list of your favorite popes?

Note to all seven readers: Elliot Bougis (whom most of you have never met) is a recent convert, not the sports loving BigEll. Elliot's Blog does have a list of favorite popes, whereas BigEll's blog has write-ups on the latest in hip hop and frequently discusses pot usage. They are not the same person.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was drunk not stoned. My blog looks at past drug use. I am normally confused. My name has one more t.

PS: Do you still want to borrow that book?

Elliott