Sunday, March 25, 2007

Workin with wood

Reading through one of my most recent purchases, Ken E. Rogers' The Magnificent Mesquite, I kept returning to the section detailing the uses of mesquite, of which woodworking is a prominent one. Originally intending to find out more about the mesquite rockers built by Robert Hensarling, I found that he also hand-makes custom knives. The one pictured is the Hensarling Bowie #1. I don't know if it's very functional or just ornamental, but I really like the curly-things on the blade. Maybe someone with a bit more, or any, knowledge of desirable properties in knives could visit his website and drop a comment or two. Along with custom rockers and knives, he also gives 4 and 1 day seminars on rocker making. His shop is located in Uvalde, not far from my relatives in Medina, so I hope to stop by during my summer vacation.

下一項

PIMP, B is not the highest possible grade (contrary to your public school experience). That would be A. As in the movie 300 gets an A. And not just any A, but a Freakin' A, bud!

World Gym should have had a booth outside selling memberships. And anyone who thinks that they just recruited a bunch a bodybuilders needs to think again. Go to the site, enter, Making of 300, Video Journals and select #3, Spartan Training. There you will see what the actors went through. #5, Stunt Work explains their military techniques.

And while you're at it, review some Chinese movie terms and go back again and lead the Taiwanese in some hoo-aah cheering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All Bowies are functional