Monday, March 19, 2007

Movies

Wow, 300 is really getting a lot of coverage on this blog. I have seen the movie. I guess it is based on a true story, but the real appeal of this movie comes from the director. He made Sin City. Wow, what a great movie! Now think......something along the lines of Sin City meets Troy only with non stop fighting! Wow!


Are you fired up? I was....I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but I'd give it a B.

Now, let's talk about another great couple of movies. Yesterday I watched two. Far better than 300 and probably more worthwhile. Now I know that there will be some people out there who point their fingers and try to rip apart the the theory behind the first movie. But why bother brother? A must see for the young and old. An Inconvenient Truth is a well thought out presentation of global warming. Simply put, an awakening truth to a reality which we shouldn't try to avoid. If you haven't seen it, watch it.



Which brings me to my next movie. I guess the order of these two movies is a little off. But simply put, watch this movie. A movie about the positive effects of smoking? You might guess from the title, but it's not. A movie about spinsters. People who are able to find an arguement about something so ridiculous that they are able to convince the general public that it's true or that there is no wrong doing being done. Remind you of anybody?
I'm sure everybody has met this person at some point of their careers or social life.

Watch these two movies, possibly in the same day if you have time. Watch Thank you for smoking first followed by An Inconvenient Truth. Think about them for a while, and draw your own conclusion, but if you really think that global warming is a pile of BS then perhaps you ought to think about a career in another field.

11 comments:

Red A said...

Pimp,

I hope that your comment about Global Warming as a pile of BS was not directed at me. I have stated repeatedly that I believe it is occuring and we should do something about it.

I just think Gore and others are overselling it, and yeah, we should also pay attention to those who disagree, too, if they have a decent argument (and many do.)

BTW, weren't you the guy posting postive things about Loose Change?

J-hole said...

Uh, PIMP, did you bother to read the blog at all in February?

And are you saying that anybody who disagrees with the Gore view must change jobs? If so, then I swear that I heard Donovan McNabb disclaim it just the other day. Now, how exactly is this rule enforced?

Red A said...

I want to see 300 not only for the story, but mainly cuz of Sin City look. So, I guess you're saying its not as good visually?

P.I.M.P said...

I think they were directed at who ever wrote the silly little spiel about Gore and his waste of energy driving to the Oscars to accept an Oscar.

Yes, I recommended loose change. Have you seen it yet? I did't ever claim it was fact. Just another side of an argument which people should think about.

But Red A is completely correct. Global warming is a very serious issue which we should all be worried about.

P.I.M.P said...

Maybe I have a problem sitting in movie theaters for a long period of time. It seems all movies I watch I don't enjoy as much as I do when at home.

Visually, it wasn't as good as Sin City. I think both Troy and Gladiator are better visually.
I was also going for the visuals.

Red A said...

Troy sucked. Did you watch Sin City at home?

"Global warming is a very serious issue which we should all be worried about."

Yes, so why do we give Gore a pass on his huge energy use and heated pools?

I just don't get that.

P.I.M.P said...

Just looked at February.
I guess I missed all of that.
I only read one bit, but I missed the whole house deal.
Sorry to re-open the issue.
Although I do feel it's important.

P.I.M.P said...

Yeah, saw the SIN at home.
Troy did suck, but I enjoyed it more.

Perhaps the mansion which you speak of uses all the recommended halogen lights, energy saving contraptions and is a state of the art re-cycling zone. I have no idea about that, but the message Gore passes on is still very important.

J-hole said...

PIMP,

Who did write that silly little spiel about Gore driving to the Oscars? Couldn't find the name? I did mention his flight in conjunction with the amount of time an offset would need to have any efficacy, though. So, if it was me, I'd appreciate credit where credit is due. Need the pub, you know.

You still have not responded to the McNabb situation.

Chaon said...

What the hell kind of nonsense is all this? Troy was a great movie, and I'll Indian leg rassle anyone who disagrees.

P.I.M.P said...

What is the McNabb question?