Sunday, March 27, 2005

Confirmed

This evening Kevin and I had the opportunity to watch Elliot get confirmed into the Catholic Church (easy on the snickering you heathens). Anyhow, we met out at Providence University, and managed to sit through an entire 2 hour mass, conducted in Chinese. That deserves some kind of medal in my personal opinion, but I doubt Kevin would agree. At the 1 1/2 hour mark I leaned over and asked him when would this 'God damn thing' be over. He politely asked me to refrain from the Goddams until the end of the service. I conceded he was probably correct and managed to avoid any more verbal miscues. On the upside, I learned some new Chinese words -- cool, fun ones like Satan, sin, and obstinate. I asked Kevin if I could say Satan dammit, but I got no response.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to picture the two of you in church together but I can't see Kevin without a cigarette and, well, Brett swearing seems about right...

Anonymous said...

Brett, you had me worried. I thought I had been re-confirmed and didn't even know about it.

Unknown said...

But have you ever seen Elliott and Elliot in the same room together?

I think not.

Kevlar said...

Brett asked me to go to mass with him on Sunday at 8am. I am not feeling up to it. Maybe Ryeguy will step up and go with.