Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Cultural Merit Badges Still Available

Ni Howdy is offering the chance for you and your loved ones to experience one of the hidden gems in the Greater Taichung area. Successful completion of the course will result in a badge in one of the following three categories: Spousal Relations, Reflux Inhibition or Orient: Successfully, Humanely, Integrated; Taiwan.
We are scheduling a trip to the Taichung Distillery Cultural Museum. I think a Saturday would be preferable to Sunday, but both are possible.

While I can't quite do it justice, it is situated in the Taichung Industrial Park for heaven's sake, let me say this. They have a what they call "wine" and what we call 'shine or hooch that not only has 22 herbs, but is also recommended for pregnant women (too late Rye Guy).

It would also be a great opportunity to do our first Grog Blog. If they have wireless and we take a laptop, we could have a Live Grog Blog.

Leave times, suggestions and confirmations in the comment box.

P.S. - Suggestions for better names for the last merit badge?

7 comments:

Red A said...

John, could we combine the tour with croquet? Sounds fun...contact me!

J-hole said...

Fine by me. You figure out how to lug that stuff around and where we'll do it. Looks like it'll just be you and me.

Chaon said...

Since the Taichung Distillery Cultural Museum is to alcohol what Auschwitz was to summer camps, I'll take a pass. Besides, my Uncle is in town and he doesn't drink.

Chaon said...

Since the Taichung Distillery Cultural Museum is to alcohol what Auschwitz was to summer camps, I'll take a pass. Besides, my Uncle is in town and he doesn't drink.

J-hole said...

Karl,
Have you been there? If so, was it with us? No.Besides, their beverages are GOOD for you. They also have vinegar drinks.

Red A said...

hah hah Karl posted twice.

Newby.

Anonymous said...

ok I.J i am in for a saterday as an sussesfullllll alcoholic i feel i would be missed if i was not there,Karl,get a grip man....