Friday, September 28, 2007

Strong Canadian dollar also hurts marijuana exports

Now, THAT is an Amazing Yahoo News Headline!

So, now it will no longer be BC Bud being smuggled into the US, but Washington Weed heading up north. Ahhhhh, the miracle of free market economics.

I don't know if I am supposed to congratulate Canadians I meet on their "strong" loonie or buy them a sympathy beer, but I am sure those sending money home now realize that a "strong" currency isn't necessarily good news.

It does kill the whole "Canadianer" poker joke, though. Pimp and I were discussing this and decided that the joke now has to be an "Americaner" which is like betting NT$110 instead of 100.

Or I guess it can still be a "Canadianer" but it would be NT$ 90 bet. (Gasp! Why that's a hundred American!)


No comments: