Thursday, February 21, 2008

Two Strange Things at Costco Today

1. New Balance running shoes Made in the USA...on sale in Taichung, Taiwan, shoe manufacturing capital of the world. How the hell any shoe factory remains in the USA is beyond me. I'd almost be scared to buy the shoe. It's like the French whiskey that was making the rounds at Chinese weddings for a while. (A word of advice, don't drink French whiskey.)

2. Some foreigner with a long pony tail wearing a beret. Maybe he's a wannabe Che kind of guy, but he was not wearing it at a rakish angle, but straight on, so he looked completely foolish. I mean, berets are supposed to be at an angle, right? Google seems to confirm this. Three pages of images and no one is wearing it completely horizontal.

Bonus Factoid: When I lived in Indonesia they sold a very cheap vodka called Mansion House vodka. List of ingredients was: Alcohol, water, vodka concentrate.


4 comments:

Chaon said...

I'm no chemist, but I thought 'vodka concentrate' was pure alcohol.

Bread said...

doesn't ponce wear a beret sometimes?

Chaon said...

My wife stole it and won't let me wear it any more.

Red A said...

Karl, I am guessing vodka concentrate is the flavor of vodka without the alcohol.