Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Olympic Baseball Qualifying Tournament in Taiwan

Here is the schedule for the tournament. Games will be played in Taichung at the Intercontinental stadium and in Dou Liou (斗六) at the 朱丹灣 stadium. Yes, that Dou Liou in Yunlin county, south of Changhua county. The city web site lists the population at 103,00 and is known to me as the place I never thought about visiting. If you would like to attend the games, they do have a nice stadium. My co-worker told me that was why Dou Liou was chosen. It seats 15,000 and looks nice, clean and modern. Here is the web site with pictures, address and stats (Chinese only).

Tickets - I have found two ways to purchase tickets. Well, I found my friendly, reliable co-worker Johnny and had him find it. Nevertheless, you can purchase online at this site. It lists all the games and lets you start ordering your tickets with a click. It is in Chinese only. Be sure to read it carefully. Johnny tells me the site says that after you order you must wait 2 to 3 days for their confirmation.

The other way is to go to 7-11 and use the ibon machine. This is a new machine only at 7-11 that allows you to print, download pics, ringtones and other things, scan, pay bills and fines, reserve tickets for sports, travel and concerts and buy basic car and motorcycle insurance.

2 comments:

Red A said...

I have been to do-lio to visit an instant noodle factory.

I don't know who's party they voted for to get an olympic class stadium, but its probably a bit like Lubbock, the town where you don't even stop to see your old buddy when driving cross-country. (Michael Totman reference.)

I'll say this, its bigger than tien-jong (literally middle of the fields) which is more like Mule Shoe.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to get to a game in Dou-Liou to check out the stadium. We could take Helena's car for a roadtrip. The first Sat. or Sun. would be best. We could put 5 of us in the car. 4 + driver. Pick a game (or double-header) and we'll rally.