Thursday, February 21, 2008

Microdiscectomy

After two months of severe pain (and moderate pain since last March), I have given in. This Friday I will be having back surgery. I have tried Chinese medicine, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Steroids, Epidural Steroid injections, Physical Therapy, Walking laps in a pool, all to no avail. So now I go under the knife to remove the disc at L5S1 from my sciatic nerve sheath and release the pressure which has been causing the inflammation which has kept me more or less bed ridden since Christmas. Read all about the procedure here and think of me at the Friday night poker game. I will be under the knife at 10AM, which translates to midnight on the Rock.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the procedure. Hopefully a standard scalpel will be able to cut through your thick gargoyle skin and chunky layers of back fat.
Bedridden… Does that mean you sit around playing X-box 360?
A half-inch incision, a surgical scar: definitely a reason to get another tattoo. GO RED RIDERS!

Anonymous said...

good luck with it man,

I always knew you were spineless; ok, at least a vert or two anyways. Does that count?

Chris

Red A said...

Do they give you the disc they remove in a jar full of formaldehyde? Like the Chinese eunuchs.

Anyways, Good luck. I guess that's really for the doc as you will be asleep during the operation.

Rye said...

Good luck man. Hope you're not out for the season.

Chaon said...

Good luck Bread. Impregnate a nurse for me.

Anonymous said...

Yo Bro, Hope all went well 4 U this mrning. My bro had a similar procedure done years back. Says he's sure glad he did it. He recovered fairly quickly. I'm sure you'll be on the slopes next winter.
Do you have any Asian nurse hotties to hold those heavy law textbooks and turn the pages for you while you recuperate in bed ? Oooooooops,I forgot, you're in Montana. Maybe we could mail order you a couple.