Sunday, August 20, 2006

Love of water pressure



My local used airconditioner people called this guy. He came to my house where we discussed two options: A) Installing a pump on the roof to improve my hot and cold water pressure. Down side being it cost more and would take several hours.
B) installing the pump on the hot water heater. Upside Takes less than an hour and is cheaper.

I went with option B. My problem was that my hot water would shift from too hot to no hot water. My cold water pressure was tolerable.

Problem solved.
I also learned that because I am on the top floor I have the lowest pressure. First floor apartments should have excellent water pressure because of gravity drawing the water from the roof.

The guy who installed it prefers to speak Taiwanese.. but his service was great and the price was fair. From the time I contacted him until it was all done was about two and a half hours. This included me fumbling for language and him having to go to the store to buy the wires, pipes and pump. Why I didn't do this years ago... Only reason I can think of was that I was hungover.

No comments: