Friday, August 04, 2006

Download this ringtone dammit

I have never had any use for my own cell phone and still don't. But that will not stop me from advocating yet more cell phone guano for you and your friends to gush about. Taiwaners, you know the song. Non-Taiwaners, you need a brief intro. In Taiwan, trash is collected and thrown into patrolling trash trucks. The trucks come at set times and herald their arrival with music. In this case this music sounds like an ice cream truck's music. The actual song is Beethoven's Fur Elise.

Now, you will please follow this link. Good. Now choose either Poly or Mono ( I don't know the difference but I'm sure the Borg in you knows). See the pop-up box? Choose your country, corporate enslaver and personal annoyance unit. Then for $30NT (not even a dollar) it will be yours. Or so I suspect, because I have never done it and never will. Let the Taiwan Trash Truck Song ring across the land. Call your friends constantly and condition them to jump up and scurry around looking for something to throw away. Non-Taiwaners, download it and live this exciting cultural phenomenon vicariously.

No comments: