Friday, February 03, 2006

Barbecue blog


At 12:30 this afternoon I put a 6 lb. pork shoulder on the barbecue. Should be ready around 5:00. Around 5:30 I will take a good size portion over to FuBar for people to sample. In between bastings I will catch you up on my trip to Puerto Galera and more important stuff. Meanwhile, I will leave you with this - the Asahi beer storing/pouring robot. A rip-off because the contest to win one of the robots is only open to those in Japan. English John, I call on you to drink the 36 beers for us and win Robot-san for us.

1:33 - You gotta tend your fire. Thought I had it stabilized, but it rose up to almost 300F in ten minutes. Hopefully it didn't dry it out much.

My favorite signs from the Philippines:

  • Vulcanize - Evidently every person and their pets can vulcanize whatever might needed to be vulcanized.
  • BJ Eatery - For some reason, they don't look too kindly on the possessive S, or at least I hope that's the case here.
  • Cossack Vodka
  • James-licious fried chicken - I know I've taught that word before.

1 comment:

Red A said...

Vulcanize probably refers to fixing punctured tires.

I am going to attempt to make it to FuBar today at 5:30.