Thursday, February 16, 2006

Valentine's Day is Over!

BRING ON THE LESBIAN LAP DANCES FEATURING A CELEBRITY'S SISTER!

I had a cool link to Ganoderma coffee which should appeal to the J-Hole who liked the Ganoderma beer, but it's actually a weird informercial.

This is why Taiwanese culture doesn't accept women who drive real motorcycles instead of scooters. Because it makes the male Civic drivers who spin out of control lose face.

Canadian Goodness #3: Okay, it's not good news, but it's something I saw while looking for good news and it's about a Canadian drug dealer busted by Taiwan's coast guard.

Mathieu James Forand was arrested last August by the Taiwanese Coast Guard after they found cocaine, marijuana and ecstasy pills in hollowed-out English textbooks.
Canadian law enforcement praises Taiwan and there is a quote from "Ben Glickman, the co-owner of Footprints Recruiting, which regularly sends Canadian teachers to Taiwan:"
I think the primary thing to me is that it really points to a kind of a cultural arrogance that I think that some individuals have that coming from a North American country – whether it be Canada or the States – that you have some sort of immunity
Back in "the day," we called such brokers "pimps" but that was before Pimp arrived. Yeah, and they were self-righteous back then too. I bet this Gleekmann creep has his new recruits bringing bales of BC Bud into Taiwan via hollowed out textbooks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if this guy is still in prison? I remember this from when I was teaching there.