Friday, November 09, 2007

world cup baseball

I hope to hit the Japan-USA World Cup Baseball game tomorrow night up at the new stadium at 6 pm. My family may or may not join me, we're not sure yet.
Tickets shouldn't be a problem judging by the abysmal attendance I've seen on TV this week. Taiwan eviscerated South Africa last night in front maybe 200 people. There were maybe 50 in the stands for US-Mexico game the night before. I expect Taiwan's afternoon games will sell out (apathy be damned!), Saturday vs. Spain and Sunday vs. Mexico, if everyone isn't at COSTCO all weekend. Sunday night at the new stadium has Japan vs. Panama, which should also be a nice quiet game. Leave a comment if I should look for you or gimme a buzz.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Went to Taiwan 16 - S. Africa 1 on Thursday nite. Place was empty which made getting the Taiwan Beer xiao jie's attention very easy. At only 50 NT a pop for a draft they go down real smoothly. Went to Taiwan - Japan last nite. Place was packed and LOUD. Almost didn't get a tick. Off today to meet John Kuhel and friends in the lot around 4 for some tailgating B4 we kick the asses of the Japanese. Hope to see everybody there.

Anonymous said...

Weather and Rugby permitting I will try to get to the Sunday game. In the Li right now. I'll text you if attendance is possible Love to see yu Ry. -K