Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm Back from China

I'm actually starting to like Dongguan/Shenzhen. They have spaghetti bian dangs and you can get romaine lettuce at some restaurants. I even managed to find imported German hefeweizen tall boys at about NT$ 40 per can!

This trip I did not have the vegetable withdrawl symptoms I used to have after an extended China trip, where I'd end up in the Champions restaurant in HK airport lusting after vegetable soups and salads. Unfortunately, that means we will probably be doing business in outer Mongolia next, because I have a theorem that states:

The competitiveness of FOB costs for products is in direct inverse proportion to the availability of romaine lettuce.

I had a great time with some ex-customers who wanted me to maybe help them with QC inspections...I got to visit their factory with them and yell at people who were not my own suppliers. It was refreshing and it combined well with a hangover I might add. The latent anger you feel from the hangover gives your directives a harsher, no-nonsense edge.

No comments: