Wednesday, November 14, 2007

sunday night baseball

Japan v. Panama. Sandy's write up on Honeybees. Pics of everybody. Dwayne and Trey, AJ and Sian were there too. And Hoagie from Changhua. Ivo had fun with Trey. I got a foul ball while holding Burl. Pics of my Expos hat! Didn't drop the baby or ball. Boo-yah! When I showed it to Ivo he promptly hurled it 3 rows down. Thanks to DWayne for retrieving it. Caution when giving rare balls to 2 year olds. Good beer. Sparse crowd. No horns. No whistles. Thank Zeus! Japan won 6-2. Panama got 5 hit til the 8th or 9th when they finally scored.

And to Karl. I was relating this story to a 7th grade girls' class yesterday and when I told them that Panamanian players were good at digging, because of, you know, the canal ???? Blank stares all around. I showed them where it was on the map and explained how ships could pass through between the 2 oceans by way of the canal and didn't they say to me,

"Oh! Teacher! The shui3 gou1!"

1 comment:

Chaon said...

Vindication!

I'm going home now to beat my wife.