Friday, November 30, 2007

We are pretty boring

The real life "Turtle" from Entourage has passed away. His real life nickname was "Donkey." No explanation given, none wanted. The photo does bear some resemblance to the fictional Turtle. What I would really like is a look at the real life Johnny Drama, Johnny Alves. An image search was fruitless and could not find any video clips of him from Mark Wahlberg's Marky Mark's Workout video.

While Entourage is good, I'll go that far, I am always waiting for them to break away from droop-eyed, I-probably-need-a-punch-in-the-face Vince and the guy who reinvents Mike Seaver as a player in the movie biz. I'll take Drama, Turtle and Ari and spin the other two off into two minute webisodes.

Most of my viewing has been of Battlestar Galactica. I just finished Season 2 and had begun Season 3 when I ran into Karl. He was upset that they got away from the core - Humans vs. Cylons - to politicize it ( If I remember correctly. Feel free to correct me, Karl ). I told him that I was okay with that. And then I finished the season. Yep, he was right. They chose the topical and headline-relevant over the original and hot-topic irrelevant. I'll stick out the 4th season, I guess, but in the meantime I'm gonna learn Cylon. Hey, Kevlar, I bet I can become fluent in Cylon before the end of the season. Case of beer. Whaddya say?

Britain searches for a national motto - Read them all, but my favorite is "Dipso, fatso, bingo, ASBO, Tesco." Your suggestions are most welcome, especially Taiwan's favorite Brit entertainer, Brit Paul (or anyone who wants to pose as him).

1 comment:

Chaon said...

You got it right J-hole. It is perfectly acceptable for me to bore others with trite political analogies and ham-fisted parables. It's a no-no for others to do it to me.