Sunday, November 25, 2007

IBAF Asia Cup

Asia Cup starts Tuesday in Taichung with Pool B games. All games will be played at the new Intercontinental Stadium. Pool B consists of the weaker teams, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong and Pakistan. Winner of Pool B gets to play in Pool A with traditional baseball powerhouses Japan, Korea and Taiwan next weekend. The winner qualifies automatically for the '08 Olympics in Beijing. Second and third place teams will advance to an Olympic qualifier to be played in Taiwan next spring.

Tuesday at 1 pm, Pakistan vs. Philippines and at 6, Hong Kong vs. Thailand (which I could possibly attend if anyone wants to go out there and drink beer with me)

Wednesday at the same times features Thailand v. Pakistan and Philippines v. HK. (I can't make these games)

Thursday sees Thailand v. Philippines and the evening game has Hong Kong v. Pakistan. I may get Thurs afternoon off due to exams at Wei Dao so I might take the boys up there for a daytime game. I'm curious to see what Pakistani baseball looks like so I may take in that game too.

No games Friday.

Saturday 12/1 at 1 pm Taiwan v. Korea. The evening game is Japan v. the Pool B winner. (I may hit the evening game) I've been told all Taiwan games are sold out but I bet if you really wanted to get in you could go stand in line and still get a seat. Not me though. I can't stand the horns that go with a full on Taiwanese crowd. I'll watch on TV with the sound turned down.

Sunday 12/2 in the afternoon has the Pool B winner vs. Taiwan. The evening game is going to be the main game I want to see in this tourney, Korea v. Japan. Both teams are sending their A squads and should be played in front of maybe 200 people. 500 tops. Be there!

Monday 12/3 the tourney wraps up with Korea v. Pool B winner at 1 and Taiwan v. Japan at 6.

There's no championship game per se though Monday's games could well be must wins for one or all teams.

The winner will be decided on wins/losses/runs allowed and run ratio.

See yall out there.

Link to Chinese schedule.

Wiki rundown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll go out tomorrow nite (Tues) Rye.

Rye said...

Maybe too much rain today Mr. Bean.