Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Ruminations

Two factoids from this week's Economist. (Which means I just saved you some money cuz that's about it for interest.)

A higher proportion of Americans say they would be willing to vote for an openly gay presidential candidate (59%) than an openly atheist one (49%).
"He may be a fudge packer, but at least he knows he's going to hell!"

And of course, by mathematical principle, we can determine Karl would win 29% of the vote.

Second factoid: Now, I knew about Frog Gigging but apparently there is also Noodling. Another link here in case you only believe ESPN. I think I'll stick to indoor shrimp fishing.

p.s. If Karl has ever noodled before (and that's not entirely impossible with his secret red-neck heritage) I'll give him 10% more votes in "Deliverance" country.

3 comments:

Chaon said...

My redneck heritage is no secret, but the point is moot since I will never *run* for president. My plan is to sweep into power as the leader of an unstoppable army of cyborg tanks and laser-wielding Sleestak on acid.

Red A said...

Sounds fun. Can I be a minor henchman?

Chaon said...

If you can escape form the salt mines, sure.