Friday, June 03, 2005

Faces of Death meets Taiwan

At the 7-11 counter I always peruse the Next magazine cover. Front cover is always breasts, breasts, and pop stars secretly dating. If you flip to the "rear" cover, you'll find murder, corruption, or scandal. This week, they have a grainy shot of a monkey being decapitated for someone's dining pleasure. You can see the page in the thumbnail here, but I suspect this page changes a lot, so no guarantee.

The in brief story on-line is here. Since I am illiterate immigrant to Taiwan, I'll have to wait to get the true dirt on this story. I thought only Cantonese ate this kind of stuff.

Yeah, and someone just told me this is sick and they don't want to hear about it. Sorry.

UPDATE:

In case the monkey eating doesn't interest you, here's the link to the Breasts, Breasts, Celebrity dating page. Running down the list:

1. Big S and Little S, the famous sister singers. Looks like Big S is strangling Little S. My wife informs me that Little S has had a lot of plastic surgery.
2. Lin Zhi-Lin, a famous model. What do you thinks she is famous for?
3. Skip
4. Some chick in a Kimono smoking. In China.
5. Nice white suit.
6. Mathew Lien (CANADIAN) crossing the street with a Chinese girl. Is this guy famous in Canada? Oh, it looks like the caption says he spent the night with her. Must have been a great night!

2 comments:

J-hole said...

I saw that too. Didn't like it. By the way, did you disappear the site meter or was it me? I got an email from you and it turned out to be the site meter report listing everything as zero.

Red A said...

You I'd guess. Yeah, I prefer the breasts stories. Last week also had one on female masturbation techniques...is it an adults only magazine?