Wednesday, May 18, 2005

.22 to play free show tonight


I got a text from DJ Steve saying that today is Pete's brother Marty's birthday and in celebration they will be playing a free show tonight at 89K along with other guests. Kind of a hump day birthday party. If you haven't seen these guys play go check them out. Should be a great show.

Country music fans! I haven't seen them play yet but there's now a country band in town called BAKED BEANS. Both Steve and Pete are in the lineup along with Nick, formerly of the Black Lung Inner City Choir, and Sean who plays a mean banjo and guitar. I'm told there's also a violinist or fiddler of some kind but I don't know who it is. If anyone knows post a comment. I'm speculating a possible appearance tonight with 2/5ths of the band already there. Word of mouth only so tell your live music fan friends...

1 comment:

Red A said...

Rye, nice post...please post more local stories...and how is the new house.