Friday, December 07, 2007

Rye's Birthday

So, Rye, how does it feel to be 40 years old, married with two kids, and secretly thinking that what you really want for your birthday is two hours of goddamn peace and quiet!

and maybe some Kirin. Yeah, some Kirin would be nice.

Happy Birthday!

p.s. I know you aren't 40 yet, but after 33 1/3 all your birthdays will feel like 40 anyways.

I'd go out to the bar to celebrate with you, but I don't know if you are even going out to bars anymore, and I am angling to get to go to Karl's house tomorrow for Axis & Allies, so I have to stay home and take care of my hell raiser.

BTW, my Mom is coming to Taiwan for Christmas. Which means, God willing Fiona is not sick, we can go to Ivo's birthday party. Yay!

p.s.s. I only know its Rye's birthday because Sandy saw me at Costco and left me a voicemail. Normally I don't keep track of my friends' birthdays. I also can't name starting line ups for sports teams or remember my own cell phone number, so its not personal.

7 comments:

Rye said...

Thanks A.

BTW all you guys in Taichung are invited to Ivo's 3rd birthday party Sunday the 23rd at Feng Le statue park. Cake for the kids and bevvies for the bigger kids.

Red A said...

Where is Feng Le Statue Park?

Anonymous said...

down wenshin road, on the right if you are coming from chengganglu, just before the big bridge.

congrats on making it another year. you may want to reconsider this grad school thing. i was taking an eight hour conlaw exam on your birthday and wishing i had a nice five day weekend in the palawan...instead i got another foot of snow and high temps around -8C.
b

Anonymous said...

in the palawan? see, i can't even function anymore.

Rye said...

It's across Wen Xin from the COSTCO neighbourhood. Lotsa kids rides, grassy areas, a pond, statues!
I was supposed to call all yall about it but posted instead...
You'll get a proper invitation this week.

Chaon said...

What time Sunday?

Rye said...

3 pm to 6 or 7.