Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Procrastination

I have a final in two days I haven't prepared for. Maybe it was the twelve hour exam this weekend or the 8 hour one last Friday, but I'm not entirely excited about the prospect of Business Organizations. Maybe if we discussed actual business it would be interesting, but Corporate, Partnership and L.L.C. structures are about as exciting as icesnot. Derivative actions, fiduciary duties and agency are not why I entered law school. With this in mind, I decided to visit Red A's blog for the first time.
Now I know Ponce and others give Red A and his 'logic' trouble sometimes, but I generally stay clear of that stuff. However, I must send out a tsk tsk to all of you for agreeing with Red A* that direct links will encourage Taiwanese businessmen to return on weekends and thus spend their money on the island. Everyone knows:

1. Chinese ladies of the night are about 1/10th the price of Taiwanese ones,
2. There are screaming kids at home, and
3. Er Nai is sweeter than normal nai

Thank goodness we have my discerning media presence to set you all straight before you start buying into Red A's lies like an Alabaman falls for Bill O'Reilly.


*Nov. 19th post

5 comments:

Red A said...

I dunno. I think you are romanticizing the er nai. Sure, the first six months are great. Then she's just another needy gf who wants a lot of material possessions.

and sometimes fathers love their children and want to spend time with them.

There are cases in the US where a finance CEO would fly back to Chicago every week-end. I guess New York has no good schools, food, etc.

Red A said...

Oh, and I do know that one sales manager at a factory spends 25 days a month at the KTV with clients.

I think after that, I'd LOVE a week-end at home just to rest the liver.

Anonymous said...

1. after six months get a new er nai (san nai)
2. chinese fathers and american fathers may have a different set of family values (though there are certainly exceptions to both sides)
3.wanting to spend time at home does not equal spending money in taiwan
4.after 25 days of ktv, a little rest means not going to Geant or the zoo.

b

Red A said...

Just an example for you, our chalk factory boss bought a house in Taichung just so he can come here for one month during the summer for his vacation. (He has a low season.)

He spent NT$ 1,000,000 for decorations alone.

If it is the case that no one who goes to China wants to come home at all, then why are those flights back from Hong Kong full of Taiwanese men when they should be empty?

Taiwan is their homeland, where the food tastes good, and you can finally pray at a real temple, etc. China is nice, but people still want to visit their home. If that visit takes 2 days of travel time alone, they will cut back.

Its the same argument as me asking you why you would voluntarily move back to Montana, an empty wilderness wasteland when you could live in a major city like Houston with more babes to bag.

Anonymous said...

is it your awareness or your tolerance of sarcasm which has been reduced from too many years on the rock?
b