Thursday, January 03, 2008

Convenience Stores in Taiwan

I need to confess something.

I have always been a loyal 7-11 customer, but lately I find myself more and more often visiting the local Family Mart, eschewing 7-11 altogether.

God, I hate the word eschewing, and here I am using it just so I can tell you I hate that word. It seems like it really should be a new kind of nut they found in Venezuela. "Here try one of these eschews. Tastes pretty good! You should try the wasabi ones. Deeeeelicious."

Okay, anyways, why am I in the Family Mart? To buy Yebisu "The Hop" beer which is actually somewhat close to a microbrew pale ale in terms of taste and mouth feel. Mouth feel is not what you want to do to Jessica Alba, but is used to discuss the texture of beer in one's mouth. Wouldn't it be great to have Jessica Alba floating in a vat of beer so you could talk about mouth feel with her? "Firm, full bodied, with a natural perfume."

I have had a couple of Yebisu "The Hop" Beers lately that did not taste as great, so your mileage may vary, but I recommend trying one of them. If you can get Jessica Alba to cooperate I will go halfsies with you on the cost of filling the beer vat.

2 comments:

J-hole said...

7-11, hands down, has the best convenience store food. For a while, it was the best "restaurant" in Lukang.

Red A said...

Yeah, I would agree except I have never dared to try Family Mart food.

The Yebisu Hop beers make up for it though.