Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Tibet WAS,IS,and ALWAYS WILL BE a part of China

Supposedly, it was this video that lead to the establishing of the anti-cnn web site by Chinese dissatisfied with CNN's and other western media outlets' coverage of the current events in Tibet. The web site sucks. Not because of the content, but because of the quality - and the use of simplified characters. Especially that. The use of simplified characters is right there with A-1 on you steak in terms of dumbness.

I only watched the first video which purported to show the anti-Chinese slant used by the media when editing. The last part of the video features an Indian TV interview with a Tibetan(?) woman. The English and Chinese subtitles match. However the women's spoken words do not match the Chinese subtitles. My problem is that her mouth doesn't seem to match the words she is supposed to be saying. It very possibly could be the video quality. She, whoever she is, also seems to have a stronger northern retroflex than what I remember hearing from those speaking Mandarin in Guangdong. Yes, I know the two are distant. Maybe others could help out in pinning her accent down, again, if that is her actually speaking in the first place.

But now on to the video. I watched and learned several important things. First, they use they same National Geographic map of the peoples of China that I had in high school. Can they tell me where I can get another? Secondly, whenever they get around to updating this video's title to include Taiwan, they need to change their maps. Not one of the three (well, the first two are a little difficult to make out, but the Ching Dynasty map is very clear) show Taiwan as being part of China. Thirdly, Europe is going to be very crowded. Fourthly, we must deal with a lot of things. One of them being (Fact 1 ), Tibet was,is and always be part of China because there are 56 ethnic groups in China.


Next is , well I sorta got lost thinking about my map. Watch it all. Lots of pretty pictures, except when talking about the Dalai Lama's Tibet.

3 comments:

Red A said...

My wife asked me yesterday if Tibet was part of China.

I figure she will be asking me how to write characters and use chopsticks next.

D-Wayne said...

man, i love A1 on my steak. that, or lots of ketchup.
btw, Big John is in town, will be at Northern Command Thursday after work.

Anonymous said...

You know,you are really mean to say like this.Please learn more about CHINA history,then you may have the right to say so.