Sunday, April 20, 2008

Men in a River

When I first moved to Taiwan I remember watching on National TV as three men clung to a rock in a rising river while the local government, the army and the hospitals determined whose duty it was to save the men. They eventually drowned as we all sat there captivated and disgusted. Even the helicopter filming never thought to fly down and save the men, apparently that would have been bad TV. Does anybody remember this incident? Can somebody find a Youtube link? I tried, but alas, no luck. I think it was down in Tainan, but I'm not sure. Much appreciate the help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin'to file your first lawsuit ?

Rye said...

I remember that. Prob not widely available. If you can't find it on Youtube try google vids or dailymotion.com ... How would ya describe that scene in key words?