Sunday, December 04, 2005

Post-Election Analysis

The winning candidates showed their respect to the voters by firing up the sound trucks and drum teams to drive around town on Sunday and thank us for electing them.

Fireworks were set off as well, to inaugurate the new era of Clean Government and Rule of Law in Taichung. Let this be a warning to those who think they can ram blue trucks into the courthouse gates or fire bottle rockets into the canal by Riverside. Yes, Rye Guy and PFP supporters, we have it all on video.

Human Interest Angle: The wife informs me that a DPP candidate was so distraught by losing, he/she wanted to kill themself with a knife. "If I can't be a city councilor, life is not worth living!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teacher John. This is Peter from Tourism 3B. My number is 69. Why did you post on your blog that I am from Canada? And if I am from Canada, why do you call me "Frenchie?" I am confused!

Teacher John, I know you asked in class last Friday who could help you track an ISP address, but after checking your blog, I think all the commenters are very shameful and use anonomizer web-sites.

Maybe it is because they are Philadelphia Eagle and Cowboy fans? That would bring much shame.

p.s. Your funny crossword has six letters but only five boxes to fill in. You are losing much face to the Gunning Fox person.