Monday, May 26, 2008

Endings and Beginings


Finished my second year, thank God. Managed a week off where I made it down to Grand Teton N.P. The weather was dodgy at best, but it was nice to have some stillness. Went for a hike where I confronted this little booger from about 15 feet. I"m not sure who, but it appears one of us is in jail.

For those of you who haven't seen the Tetons, here they are through fog, mist and snow.


As you can see, winter hasn't fully abated here yet, though today we did manage to get up to 15 degrees or so. I have begun my new job as a canary, checking out gas leaks and walking the hills of Montana. Pretty much anything is better than sitting at a desk these days, even working for the man.

2 comments:

honeybees said...

Congratulations on finishing Year#2!

I wish I could send you a few degrees C from Taiwan but, you know, weather-control is still more a dream than a practice.

Please tell me what is in the top pic. I can't recognize it even when I click it bigger. Ryan said a moose, but if so, is it a floating moose? What goes on?

Happy spring-summer-long-weekend:)

Bread said...

it is indeed a moose. his legs are white from the snow and he hasn't put on his antlers yet for the season.