Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Advice

The question is "When should I drink the devil juice, hooch, or ant wine?"


The answer is "When you have run out of all other forms of liquor."

Currently on the ant wine. Which is some Chinese home made liquor made with ants. They flew all the way to Shandong to get the right kind of ants.

Makes you crawl up the walls.

Bonus link to a diagram of an Obama sentence.

Anyone think that sentence diagramming would have been useful for their ESL students?

Stony, if you can answer, I'd be most appreciative, because I am wondering if sentence diagramming is like math for language.

2 comments:

Chaon said...

I don't think that it would be useful, but I don't know dick about teaching English. And if it is not useful for not native speakers learning English, why is it useful for native students? Or is it?

Can anyone diagram this:

"You know, I'm the President during this period of time, but I think when the history of this period is written, people will realize a lot of the decisions that were made on Wall Street took place over a decade or so, before I arrived in President, during I arrived in President."
?

Anonymous said...

Ant wine??? Hmmm probably couldn't be much different than the 'mot kei daeng' (red ant egg) soup served here in Thailand.... yummy!