Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Woman tears out own cornea while removing contact lens

(From the Taiwan News - link to story above) Ouch! A Taiwanese woman did just that. Ripped it out. I've seen many Taiwanese girls and guys wearing colored contact lenses, but have not heard of what this woman had been wearing - iris enlarging lenses. They make the iris appear larger and shinier, a quality I did not know people strove for in their corneas.

After wearing the lenses for more than 10 hours with her eyes drying out, the lenses came out with a little extra attached to one of them. She will suffer from permanent vision damage. The product she was wearing was from Innova Vision called Big Eye (Go here and click on What's New -Big Eye to view).

2 comments:

USAhole said...

Thanks for the info. If I ever need contacts I will keep an eye out for them!

Anonymous said...

Good information...I really take care of my contact lenses which Recently, i have purchased from CouponAlbum site....