Thursday, March 17, 2005

Braveheart's Sword

The other night at PJ's I got into a little talk with a guy living in Taichung and he gave me a story. Seems he's an English-born Scottish nationalist of Scottish parents who found his calling in Canada. Anyway, seems he and some friends didn't like the way the William Wallace sword was being cared for. With all the acumen and plotting of the Dalton Gang in Coffeyille (Oh. I'm related. No need to comment), they managed to steal the sword and hold it for about 4 months before returning it. You can read his story here. Full of details and Scottish blarney (I'm sure they have their own word for it but I can never understand a damn thing they say). I haven't been able to find any more confirmation, but he sounded believable after 6 Buds. He also had a hand in writing the article. I'll leave it to you to guess which one he is. He's also got more stories about things that go boom!

Holder of the Winning Ticket Please Contact Me
If you guessed 4 years, 7 months and 12 days in the "When in the hell will PJ actually make chili again?" contest, you have 2 days to contact me.

That's Retrosexual to you, Karl.
I found this on a recommendation from Jihad-Pundit. Like his site. If anyone knows how to do some advanced customizing blog work, let me know. I'll supply the 'cue and the beer, if Red A ever delivers.

No comments: